Saturday, November 24, 2007

You fine folks in South Carolina will appreciate who this is. Your one and only US Ambassador to Canada David Wilkins. On the occasion of a delegation from Greenville visiting Ottawa and touring my worldclass transit system(and our social housing), the Ambassador and his wife invited some Ottawa staff and councillors to a reception at his residence. Armed with local knowledge about a new pedestrian bridge and a revitalized downtown in Greenville coupled with a few strategically placed y'alls I managed to get a personal tour of the residence - a lovely mansion in Ottawa's premiere neighbourhood of Rockcliffe.


6 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Marijke said...

Wait a go, Nance!! I bet all y'all had a great time!

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger canadian aunt nancy said...

Sure did and have bragging rights to having seen the entire house. I am sure security had their eye on me the whole time!! :)

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Evelyn & Floyd said...

Aunt Nance! AWESOME! hahaha... that's so great. I can't wait to hear all about it... I'll have to ask the city manager how it went. I suppose he told you that our transit system is a world class embarrassment? I'm sure the ambassador was thrilled to know that you have connections to his hometown.

danielle

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger canadian aunt nancy said...

The City Manager was quite honest in suggesting you have a less than stellar transit system - even more so when compared to our fabulous system!!

How are you enjoying motherhood?? I am thinking of you alot and hoping you are savouring it. You look like a natural mom Danielle.

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Tootie said...

oh, aunt nancy, you are so slick!

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger erika said...

Nancy! You are amazing!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home