Thursday, November 02, 2006

Back from the 'Flippin Baby Mission' in Colorado - Marijke


Last month, as most of you know, I got to hang out in Colorado for 3 weeks! Ken came out for a long weekend but that happened to be the time Erika spoke at their church's women's retreat. I had to go with her for moral support, of course - and we had such fun! Especially when we dressed up for the Saturday night dinner in 'high school attire'. For us that meant our prom dresses! Anyway, I got to see Ken for three nights and he got to spend extra time with the grands when I wasn't around!

The reason for going out there was to welcome Jack Greer into the world, of course, but a high tea in a castle with the two girls, as well as 2 snow storms, made for an extra memorable stay. Naturally it was great to see the other grandsons, too - more on them next blog.

Schelyn and Todd had put a lovely addition on the top of their 100 year old house so Ken and I slept in a real live guest room and had our very own bathroom, too!

In addition, Erika and Bryan's house was super welcoming and warm (as always).

Can't wait to go again!

Love, Oma Marijke (&Pops)

2 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger Evelyn & Floyd said...

what lovely pics.

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Evelyn & Floyd said...

oops I guess I have to own up it is I Nancy - Aunt Nancy or now great aunt nancy - hmm I was always great aunt nancy come to think of it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home